This scholarship was created in memory of Mickey Craig & Debbie Simpson. The first donation to our scholarship fund was given from Susan Bragg in their memory. We are awarding this scholarship to honor Mickey and Debbie, their life and dedication to the veteran community.
Selection is based on academic promise, financial need and merit. Funding for this scholarship is provided by donations to Alpha Gamma Xi Sorority, Inc. (AGXi)
AGXi offers the following scholarship for women veterans. It must be used for full-time study in the pursuit of undergraduate studies, graduate studies or a certification/degree from an accredited college, university or technical/trade school. The purpose of this scholarship is to financially assist women veterans who have exhausted government aid, or who might not otherwise have the financial means to further their education. The scholarship will be awarded yearly contingent upon the respective year’s winner maintaining the school’s prescribed academic standards and showing evidence of enrollment. This will be a one-time payment for the year. The scholarship must be used in its entirety within two years of the award date. Any amount remaining unused within two years will be forfeited. Applicants must meet all of the eligibility requirements listed below and submit the completed application postmarked on or before April 15th. For questions regarding the application, required documents or application process, please contact AGXi by emailing email@example.com.
- Must be a United States veteran.
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Must demonstrate financial need.
- Must agree to authorize AGXi to publicize your scholarship award, if you are selected.
- A copy of the veteran’s honorable discharge or a letter certifying current service and eligibility for release from active duty prior to attending school.
- Official college transcripts for all courses attempted and any degrees or certificates awarded. If post- secondary credits amount to less than 12 credit hours and high school diploma was awarded within the past five years, a high school transcript must be provided. Transcripts must be in the 4.0 grade scale, or if in a different system, translated to the 4.0 scale.
- Essay (250 words) entitled and addressing the theme of “How Higher Education can help me continue to serve.”
- Acceptance letter or a letter stating current student status from an accredited school.
- Proof of college expenses. (i.e. syllabus or college publication).
- A resumé detailing volunteer activities, community services and or any other philanthropic type activity.
Completed application and required forms must be postmarked on or before April 15th and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. It can also be sent via postal service to Alpha Gamma Xi Sorority, Inc. International Headquarters:
P.O. Box 616
Covington, TN 38019
Donate to Our National Scholarship